Thursday, August 02, 2007

Let the Games Begin!

As of today, Elijah has officially entered the world of team sports. I was so excited to find that the city rec department starts teams for kids at three years of age, where most organizations start at five years. Yesterday was the first day of registration, and now Elijah is on a city t-ball team! I really can't express how excited I am about this! Not because I feel like I need to get him involved in everything possible as soon as possible, but because he has been really craving this for at least the last year. He is a kid that all day long switches his activity from baseball to basketball to football to golf to soccer to hocky to tennis back to baseball-and I'm not exaggerating in the least. He'll take an occassional break to read books or play with his cars and trucks, but it's always back to sports.
So, needless to say, Elijah is pretty excited to get to play on a team. And I feel like I've entered a new realm in the parenting world. There's something about all of this that takes away Elijah's toddler-ness and turns him into a little boy with a real social life outside of church and home. It makes him seem so much older all of a sudden - thankfully I can still count on the lack of potty-training to keep him in the toddler world a little while longer. Although, I'm pretty positive I would be okay with him growing up as much as he needs to in order to get out of diapers -there's something that just doesn't seem right about him running the bases in a diaper!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Can't wait to come watch him!