Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big Foot

When I was pregnant with Elijah, my grandma gave me a little piece of information that I took as folklore. However, what I thought to be a very odd and improbable side-effect of pregnancy, has repeatedly become a painful fact in my life: my already big feet have grown half a size with each pregnancy. And I don't mean they swell up and then return to their normal size; I mean they have permanantly grown and changed.
Before Elijah I wore a size 10, sometimes 9 1/2. After Elijah, that possible 9 1/2 flew out the window, never to return. And I have subsequently worked my way up to a size 11! (That's really difficult and embarrassing for me to share)
But now I have an even bigger problem-I want more kids.
So what does this mean for my feet? I guess it means they will keep growing and it will become even more difficult for me to find shoes. And I'll probably be sharing shoes with Gavin someday. So I suppose this will just be added to the long list of weird and annoying physical sacrifices made in order to bring those beautiful kids into my life.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so funny you posted that! I was just talking about that the other day because I just bought a new pair of shoes. Ummm, my foot has grown 2 full sizes since high school. I am at a 10 1/2 or 11. I know what you mean about big feet!

Crystal said...

P.S. I have no kiddos yet....just big feet!

Vanessa said...

Trey has some cowboy boots that are too big for him. If you want, we can bring them over.

Unknown said...

i'd like to see gavin in a pair of black pumps...