Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big Foot

When I was pregnant with Elijah, my grandma gave me a little piece of information that I took as folklore. However, what I thought to be a very odd and improbable side-effect of pregnancy, has repeatedly become a painful fact in my life: my already big feet have grown half a size with each pregnancy. And I don't mean they swell up and then return to their normal size; I mean they have permanantly grown and changed.
Before Elijah I wore a size 10, sometimes 9 1/2. After Elijah, that possible 9 1/2 flew out the window, never to return. And I have subsequently worked my way up to a size 11! (That's really difficult and embarrassing for me to share)
But now I have an even bigger problem-I want more kids.
So what does this mean for my feet? I guess it means they will keep growing and it will become even more difficult for me to find shoes. And I'll probably be sharing shoes with Gavin someday. So I suppose this will just be added to the long list of weird and annoying physical sacrifices made in order to bring those beautiful kids into my life.

No comments: