Friday, June 15, 2007

New Pics

In case you can't tell, Ella is underneath the basketball. One of Elijah's many attempts to play with his sister. She's getting tough!


I love the way he looks at her. He's a great big brother.

This is just Elijah being Elijah.
These couple of pictures were actually taken by a good friend of ours at our home when Ella was about four weeks old. Aren't they beautiful?!
Just wanted to post some recent pics of the family. Elijah is really becoming adjusted to Ella these days - instead of screaming at her when she crys, he will either check on her and try to help her or he has even become able ignore and tune her out! Great progress! He is very sweet with her and really has started smothering her with his affection - always telling her how much he loves her and how cute she is while rolling around/on top of her. He gets kind of crazy, but it's very sweet.
I also have to share what he told me yesterday out of the blue. He just turned and looked at me and said, "Mommy, you are my favorite, best mommy."

Ella is now 10 weeks old and really starting to talk more and smile a lot. She really responds a lot to Elijah's voice and face, which is really cute. She talks to both of us quite a bit through the day and is usually in a pretty good mood. She is always very happy and talkative first thing in the morning when she wakes up, which I love. The most difficult time we have is being in the carseat. She really tends to hate it after being in it for about 5 minutes. Elijah was like that too, though so it gives me hope that she will probably get used to it at some point.

So, in general, everyone is doing very well and we're enjoying our blessings together.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the first pic of the basketball with legs, um, I mean Ella.
Glad to see all these gorgeous pics of your precious family!

Vanessa said...

So, that was me that stuck napkins in Eli's ears. I'm happy to say that he's almost always willing to go along with my weird ideas. We're cool like that.

Ashley said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your sweet girl!

I want to see pictures of Elijah at that age. I think the would look a ton alike!