Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Here Comes E4!

This is what I've nicknamed the latest addition to our family that is due November 30th. In case some of you haven't caught on, all of our kids have "E" names. Still not sure how this is going to work out with the prospect of future adoptions, but I guess we'll worry about that when the time comes!

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, we found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregnant with the fourth. We are very excited, and once again, very surprised. We knew we wanted more kids, but we didn't really have such a short time-frame in mind - but this sort of thing has never happened on our timing, so I'm not so sure why we are very surprised.

And, since this is the fourth, we already have a couple of names picked out since there are very few decent E names to begin with. Unless you consider Ebenezer and Eloise decent names. And I refuse to have another "El" name right now either, so that narrows my choices even more (fyi, we now have Elizabeth, Elijah and Ella being called out on an hourly basis, which causes me to constantly get tongue-tied). So although we already have a couple of good ideas, feel free to put your two cents in!

My only regret with this pregnancy is that I wasted the past year and didn't get the weight off that I had gained with Eveyn and Ella. I had just started a new workout regimen and was set to get busy losing this weight, and then I woke up a few days later and knew I was pregnant. Three home tests and one doctor test later, and it was official. But I am hopeful as far as not putting on any new unnecessary pounds and being very dedicated to working out throughout this pregnancy. I even had my first appointment with a personal trainer today at the gym and he totally kicked my butt. I hurt! But in a good way, and I feel completely confident in his knowledge and ability to keep me and the baby safe. So I'm excited about that. He even said that he's trained several pregnant women, and one woman worked out with him on a Tuesday and that Thursday gave birth!

Anyway, that's the latest. We are very excited and thankful that God has blessed us so greatly in the baby department!

9 comments:

Jana said...

Congrats. We are so happy for you all.

Unknown said...

This is great news!
Will you find out the gender in advance?
I know you'll think of the perfect name- whatever you choose!

Katie said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful! My granddaddy's name was elmer, if you'd like to use that! or maybe not. what about elise or edie?

annalee said...

HOW EXCITING!!! i've been thinking on this all day for you, because i LOVE names and especially names that start with a vowel... i know a precious little girl named emilia so that is my girl suggestions (or emmie, or eva and ooh, elise is pretty too but has the el beginning again.) as for a boy maybe ethan)

Dara said...

Congratulations! How very exciting!!! We have E's also... our girls are Emma Leigh and Elizabeth Ann (although we call her Ellie Beth). Feel free to use them. Josh and I have pondered occassionally what our next kid would be named if we had another one... it would have to be an E of course! We love Ethan or Evan for a boy... but neither of those sound great with Eason! But they would work with Pate!

Ashley said...

Oh, congratulations! What a beautiful blessing!

I always love the name Elise or Elyse and I love the name Eva too.

I guess in my heart you are having another girl!

JG said...

Congratulations! That's really exciting! Erin has always been one of my favorite girl names and I love Ethan well as Elliot. I hadn't thought of how many "El" names there are! What about El Nino if it's a boy?

Congrats!
Jess

Tiffany said...

Ok, I have been thinking of E names for you! Here are some...Emory, Emerson (boy or girl), Easton, Ethan, Evelyn, Emma, Emily, Elissa, Estephania (Tiffany in spanish...) or ESPN...just a thought.

Melody said...

I know I already said congrats, but I'm trying to figure out how to publish comments on your blog...maybe this will work?