Friday, March 28, 2008

Recent Happenings

I'm so ticked that I can't post any pictures, but I let our little photographer Eli use our new camera, and he broke it! I always let him take pictures, in fact, he has taken some really cute ones of Ella because of his lower vantage point that he has while he follows her around the house. But apparently, the battery was running low so the lens kept moving in and out and then the camera would just shut off. He became frustrated with it and decided to manually shove the lens back in to close the camera and then, POP! "Mommy, I think something is wrong with your camera." Great. So, anyway, I am without a camera until I can return it to Costco and buy a new one, which I'm hoping to get done today.

In the world of Ella, we have made huge strides with this little girl who very dramatically gags on anything more than stage two pureed baby foods. For the past couple of days, she has had some fun sucking and nibbling on little pieces of bread, and last night I got her to eat some brown rice! When I presented her with a tiny bite, she looked back and forth between me and the strange substance on her spoon, then willingly took a bite! I was so proud of her! She moved it around in her mouth and sucked on it for quite a while, and made several "mmmm" comments. She only gagged a few times, one of which I thought was going to cause her to throw it all back up, and then took a few bites of her brothers cheese toast! I was so excited at her decision to try something new without totally rejecting it. We are way overdue for moving past all of this pureed stuff. Once she gets the hang of this, it will be time to get rid of the bottle that she loves so much!

No comments: