Tuesday, March 04, 2008

M.I.A

I have been in a real blog slump the past few months, but I'm really going to try to get back into it! I'm starting back slowly and just posting a few cute pictures so that I don't feel like I have to maintain some high level of blogging. Good grief, who would have thought a silly blog that probably 10 people in the world actually reads could cause a case of performance anxiety. Pretty ridiculous, I know.
I've also decided that I'm going to start writing about more than just what the kids are doing. Of course, they are plenty entertaining enough to fill up my time and space here on the computer, but I've discovered there are many other things in my days and life that might be entertaining to bring up as well. At least, I think they are entertaining.
So, without any further ado....

I took these pictures of Ella actually a long time ago. I went in to tuck in the kids and give one last kiss goodnight before heading to bed, and she was cuddled up with her bunny friend. The bunny is a gift that Elijah made for Ella at the Build a Bear Workshop to welcome her into the world. He brought it with him up to the hospital and gave it to her the day she was born, and it has a little recording in it with Elijah's little voice saying, "Happy Birthday, Ella." She has loved that thing from the very beginning because it has Elijah's voice with it. Elijah can do no wrong in his little sister's eyes - I think it was love at first sight.

The picture of Elijah was also taken a while ago. It is from his final class and performance in the gym class that he is in. All the kids got to stand at the top of the podium, like at the Olympics, receive their medal and give a big, "ta-da!" So this is Elijah's "ta-da." And of course, during the kids' individual performances of what they have learned in the class, Elijah also chose to show off his break-dancing skills that have been self-taught in his living room. I was impressed and proud, however I'm pretty sure the other parents didn't appreciate it as much as I did. They were probably just trying to figure out why this weird kid decided to all of a sudden start flailing his body around. For any of you mid-90's SNL fans and Seinfeld fans, his movements are really a nice combination of Ed Grimley and Sprockets and then a little bit of Elaine mixed in. It really is pretty classic.


I will have a new post in the next couple of days - we all had a big day today that I will share. But I'm having issues with picture uploads, and I'm kind of OCD about posting without pictures - I don't like to do it! So when I get the picture thing figured out, I'll put up a new post!







5 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad you are back. It sounds like Elijah and I have the same dance moves...except I don't get on the ground to attempt breakdancing! :)

Crystal

Tiffany said...

I love that last picture of Elijah! he looks so excited! And Ella has SO much hair! It's great! Glad you are back!

Jana said...

I am so glad you are back. I enjoy reading about you guys and keeping up with you. I thought about emailing you last night to make sure you all were OK b/c you had not blogged in a while. Adorable pics. I can't believe how big Ella is already.

Vanessa said...

I'm with you on the picture thing. So now I have taken your spot as the worst blogger since you were December and I'm January. Perhaps a new camera would motivate me...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back. I love seeing pictures and hearing about the precious things that Elijah and Ella do. One of the bright spots about spending so much time in Ft Worth the last few months was seeing so much of you and the kids. I miss you all. Love, Olivia