Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Colorado

I'm trying to improve on my blogging, so I wanted to make sure and get at least one other post in before the end of the month! I actually now have a entire 4 days left of March, so maybe I'll even get two written up!
We just got back this past Saturday from a week-long trip with my parents to Colorado. It was really great to be able to enjoy the beauty and share in that with the family. Elijah and Ella both got to play in some real snow for the first time (by "real" I mean not DFW snow, and more than one or two inches) and Elijah got to ski for the first time. I was also pleasantly surprised at how quickly skiing came back to me after about four years of being away from it. I really did enjoy it and wish that I had gotten to ski more than I did. I probably could have gone up a few more times, but it was more important to me to be able to hang out with Elijah and help him do all the skiing and playing that he wanted to do. After a full day of ski school, I'm not real sure that Elijah thought it was worth all of the work to spend 15 seconds going down a little hill, but I think he enjoyed it enough to try it again next year. And maybe Gavin will finally try out some snowboarding!
Here are some pictures of the trip.












2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Just hearing you talk about skiing with your family brings back the memory of driving to CO for my very 1st ski trip with ya'll and Lizzie! Remember that..copper mountain..1995? I will never forget that trip! I learned to ski that year, driving in your parents blue van, skiing down the mountain singing, then meeting up with the youth group later in the week, I have so many other memories of that trip, I could go on and on! Anyway, I'm glad ya'll had fun! Your kids are very cute! Hope to see you sometime!

Jana said...

Great pictures. Glad you guys had a chance to go and relax. Looks like you had a lot of fun.