Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Protector

Elijah has taken some advice to heart lately. Every day when Gavin leaves the house for work, he tells Elijah to make sure and take care of me and watch out for me during the day. And Elijah always agrees to do so. Well, today I saw his care and concern in action. We were in Costco grocery shopping and Elijah spotted another mom with her 4 or 5 year old son. He proceeded to sternly look at this kid and say, "Hey boy, this is my mommy." I guess this little boy looked threatening in some way. I'm just grateful he was there to protect me!

On a side note, he has also gotten very interested in all of the crazy mayflies that are everywhere. So much so, that when he feels an itch or gets something like a hair or little piece of food in his mouth, he blames it on the mayflies : "I have a mayfly in my mouth." "There's a mayfly flying inside my ear."

3 comments:

lizzie said...

He's going to be a great big brother to Ella, too!

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet and will protect Ella too I am sure....

Thinking of you daily and praying for you. Hug Eli for me!
Aunt Kathy

Ashley said...

So Sweet