Monday, November 05, 2007

Kiddo Update






I just thought I'd post a little update since I think it's been quite a while! Ella is 7 months old today! Hard to believe! She has a full four teeth - two bottom and two on top. She got her top ones in at 4 months! She is also doing a great job sitting up most of the time. Her main problem comes when she gets really excited, throws up her arms and seems to loose all control and falls over. Elijah gets a big laugh when that happens. Amazingly, she has also started pulling up and standing, although she can't crawl or move her legs when she is standing. But she loves to stand!
I have been trying to get her to eat solids for the past couple of months, but she just hasn't been too interested. This morning she ate more than she ever has - carrots and cereal - and seemed to really enjoy it for the first time. So maybe we're finally heading into the realm of "real food" with her!
I am thoroughly enjoying the interaction between Ella and Elijah. They are just absolutely in love with each other, and it is so fun to watch. They will just lay around on the floor together, lay their heads on each other, put their noses up to each other and laugh. It is so sweet. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!
On the Elijah front, we are still having much difficulty and struggles with potty training. He just doesn't want to do it. He'll do great for a day, and then decide he's done with it. I do have a plan of action, however, so I will update with all of that soon! He continues to amaze us with his vocabulary and personality. He always says the greatest stuff. A couple of days ago, he leaned over to me while we were eating lunch and said, "Mommy, tell me something about Eveyn." Wow, I was stunned for a few seconds, then told him a few things about Eveyn, and then reflected on how grateful I am that God has given me such a wonderful vessel for remembering our sweet little girl.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

She is so cute! I love it. I cannot get enough of her or Eli! We had a lot of fun last weekend pretending to walk over lava. Although Eli DID NOT like it when I turned into the lava monster. He told me, "I want you to just act like Aunt Vanessa."

Jana said...

Wow, how time flies. I can't believe she is already 7 months. She really reminds me of Elijah at that age.